Q: How old do you have to be to be in the stake presidency? A: Turns out 30 is old enough. (And if your wondering the new stake president is only 32!)
Q: How many children under 4 can you have? A: Three is apparently not too many. (Again, if your wondering the new stake president has 2 kids under 3! We can hold each others heads and cry Mary!)
Q: Do you have to have served in the bishopric? A: Nope- common misconception.
Q: Are you disqualified if your wife is primary president? A: Again, this is just a minor detail, and can be taken care of quickly.
I know these answers really wouldn't make a difference if someone is called to serve in the stake presidency or not, but when these are your questions, your circumstances suddenly it seems like a big deal.
The last 48 hours have been really crazy and honestly an incredible experience. I know Brian will do really well and this will be a great blessing to our family, but I'm kinda freaking out!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Pre-req's to be in the stake presidency?
Posted by Forsberg's at 8:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
Oh my goodness!!! My condolences. Brian will do a great job. Who is the knew stake pres?
I don't blame you! Marcel and I were both shocked (in a good way)when we heard, but we know that they will do a great job!
Aaron told me that Brian called to tell him the new last night. I think he will be so awesome!!! You have an amazing husband and the saying is 100% true that behind every good man is a good woman. YOu'll do great too:)
Apparently they let just anybody in the Stake Pres these days. :):) You know I'm kidding, Brian will be great. But that kind of is a blow to the whole fam with a new baby on the way etc. Good luck with that. You BOTH will need it :)
Wow! I can't even imagine. I don't know your husband, but I do know you and know that you will be able to handle this. I'm terrified of the time when I'll have to make it through sacrament meeting by myself. Andrew stepped out for just a few minutes last Sunday and Jordan managed to break away from me and run all over the room. Luckily my Visiting Teacher caught him for me because I had a sleeping baby in my arms. Anyways, good luck!
Post a Comment