The Forsberg Family


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

And the children shall lead them...

Asher found a magazine that showed a picture of some of the broken buildings in Haiti. He asked what it was and I explained there was an earthquake and a lot of the buildings fell.
A: "Are the people okay mama?"
Me: "No honey a lot of them got really hurt."
A: "Did they go to the hospital?"
Me: "I think the hospital might have been broken"
A: "Can we bring the people to our hospital to help them?"
Me: " I don't think the planes can land because the roads were destroyed."
A: "Well what can we do mama?"
By this time I am crying. It's so funny how you hear about these catastrophies and it's so sad, but a 4 year old can completly bring it to life for you and you are able to look at it in a different, more real light.
Asher looked at this magazine and asked questions for 45 minutes.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

That is so sweet Kandise. My kids have totally been affected by the news as well. We watched some of the Hope for Haiti telethon and they both wanted to give their money they got from Christmas. Asher is so sensitive and smart. You guys are awesome parents. By the way, I love your kiddie quotes!

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Sweet lil Asher, that melts my heart. I love the way kids think.

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

I just read the kiddie quotes and I'm dying over the "how come you have so much skin in your hair" one. That is hilarious! And the "so this is how it's going to be."