The Forsberg Family


Sunday, June 26, 2011

Doesn't fall far from the tree...

It's funny how much I can see Brian and I in our kids.  I think Brian is super intelligent and I hope to make up for brains with my desire to be a nice person.  
Asher is super inquisitive, and loves to learn.  In fact he'd often rather watch a documentary on space, alligators, the Sphinx, and dinosaurs than watch batman or spiderman.  Such a smarty pants.  But oh my, he is sometimes so quick to temper!  He never procrastinates.  If you ask him to clean his room when he's done playing he'll just get up and do it then so he doesn't have to worry about it.  Evie on the other hand will intentionally fall asleep when I ask her to clean her room.  I really don't know if she knows how to pick up anything!  Then when she looses privileges "oh tat's otay mommy"- it doesn't even phase her, except her blanket, that thing is untouchable!  She is super mellow and overall she is just happy, so helpful with the kids, loves to help me cook, is so kind and has so much patience.  The other day she and Norah were both laying on Brian falling asleep and instead of Evie asking to be tickled she was tickling Norah's face.  What 3 year old does that?!  She's just a sweetie.
I think on many levels we're still trying to figure Norah out, so I can't tell who she's takes after yet.  She is spunky and starting to talk so well.  She calls herself No-nee, which I absolutely love!  She learned the word awesome today, and everything is cute! but my favorite is when she says, darn-it, anytime something goes wrong.   She's our little monkey, if mom or dad isn't holding her grandma is.  I'm excited to see her continue to grow into herself.
As I was thinking of each of our kids my heart just grew so proud and grateful.  I really think my kids are amazing!  I'm so proud to be their mom and love to learn from them.

0 comments: