Tuesday was a very special day. My dad went to the temple and received his endowments! I will always remember it and feel blessed I was able to be a part of this important event. A small miracle happened that day. Brian was my dad's escort so he had to be there at 6:30 am. We drove together and I wasn't sure what I would do for the next hour, but Brian insisted I go in and wait in the temple. Instead of waiting in the foyer, which I was planning to do, Brian said, just show them your recommend and wait inside. I went in to appease Brian and when they scanned my recommend the worker told me it had expired 3 weeks ago. My eyes immediately welled with tears as Brian asked what we could do to make it possible for me to be there with my dad. They explained there was nothing that could be done because I would need to go through a bishop and stake president interview. I walked away crying and so discouraged. I can't explain how sad this made me. I kept trying to remind myself it didn't really mater, he was there and I would be waiting there when they were finished. But despite the silver lining I really was so disappointed. Somehow while I was loathing in self pity, Brian was able to talk to the assistant temple president and explained the situation, that my dad had come from North Dakota, and my brother had been here from Iraq so we had been so busy it didn't even cross our minds. The assistant said, "this may be the exception to the rule, but I'll have to talk to the temple president first". He agreed this was an exception. They were able to get hold of my bishop at 6:30 am and the stake president were I had a phone interview with them. It really was a miracle they were able to catch all 3 people to make this happen. I'm so grateful I was able to be apart of this day with my dad. What a blessing. Way to go dad! I love you!
Thursday, May 1, 2008
The Big Day!
Posted by Forsberg's at 12:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







9 comments:
What a special day. I'm glad you were able to be there for him and you.
that is so cool!! It was ment to be! I think that is so neat that they were able to work that so you could go with your dad!! How proud you must feel! Your a really great daughter :)
Your story made me cry, but that is so awesome! Angels were with you that day I'm sure.
I get tears in my eyes reading this story again. I'm so happy for your dad. What a special day.
I'm so glad you were able to be there in the end.
Kandise, I was so happy to read this post and know your dad did it! How special you could be there. And I loved seeing the picture of Toff and your sisters and mom. I love reading your blog!
I was so sorry I couldn't be there. Since it was only my 3rd day at my new job I couldn't ask for it off. I'm so glad you were able to be there. Way to go Kelly!
Wow, that is such a heart warming story! I am a cry baby! I think you really needed to be there! Thanks for sharing!
Whose that fat guy next to you?
Dad
Post a Comment