Heavenly! It was such a wonderful vacation! Everything about it was amazing, well maybe not the tsunami evacuation part of the trip, but even that was made pleasant by the hotel accommodations.
The hotel was amazing!!!! We stayed at the Hilton on the big island and the rooms were really nice, but the hotel as a whole was unbelievable. The food was my favorite. They had a breakfast buffet that was to die for! Brian teased me saying that the breakfast was going to be the only thing I remembered about the trip and to be quite honest it really was one of my favorite things. (I've decided since I'm used to eating hot dogs, chicken nuggets, mac and cheese and peanut butter everyday, I've found a whole new appreciation for food.) This picture from our room just doesn't do it justice.
We went snorkeling and it was beautiful. The coral was so close I started to have anxiety that I was going to scrape my belly because it was so shallow. On our way to our snorkel destination, we saw three whales! We were probably 100 yards away from a 30 foot mama and her baby. And then we saw another large one, as well as two 8 foot mana-rays. It was amazing.
We had massages, which Brian thought was a huge waist of money and time, but since we didn't pay for it I figure it's okay for him to take one hour of doing nothing! We also went to the volcanoes to see the continuing lava flow. Unfortunately we weren't able to get too close, but we could feel the heat from under the rocks below us so I guess that's close enough.
We played in the water at a black sand beach, so neat. And being in Hawaii of course we also went to a Luau. Brian and I both were pulled upstage to try to dance with the amazing hip swingers. I'm sure we looked like idiots. It's funny I would've never done this 10 years ago. I don't know if it's just age and being more comfortable with myself or if Brian's carefree attitude has worn on me, but I had a lot of fun making a fool of myself.
It was hard to leave the kids, especially Norah, but it is so nice to have my time with Brian, not having to share him with anyone else for 5 whole days. Thanks family and Mandy who played with our kids for us.
This is "we're in Hawaii!" face
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
HAWAII
Posted by Forsberg's at 8:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
Oh, that looks so nice! We totally thought about you guys when we heard about the tsunami warning. We didn't know if you had gone or not. Glad to hear you had a good time though. That beach and sand looks so warm and inviting:)
You guys deserve to get away by yourselves for awhile. So glad that you had a great time.
So happy you go to go! It looks like you had a great time. I think Norah looks a lot like you in the second to last pic.
So jealous!! We've been meaning to go back to Hawaii just haven't gotten there yet. Glad you were able to get away and have a great time.
I am totally jealous! It looks like you had a great time...but it would be hard to not have a great time...Hawaii...without kids! I don't think it could get any better than that.
um. great. but, where are the pictures of the lava?
I miss you too much. We really need to get together and catch up. I think you have tried quite a few times but it is always me that can't. It looks like Hawaii was so much fun. I am jealous. Your children are so cute. You are so beautiful. I am so happy to call you my friend. Let's get together soon!!
Post a Comment