I just wanted to tell Brian that you truly are an amazing dad and we love you so much! I appreciate all you do for our family. You are a hard worker, basement finishing, sprinkler fixing, child chasing, church calling fulfilling, story reading, child and wife hugging fool! We love you and appreciate all the sacrifices you make for us. Here are a couple of the many sacrifices you make regularly for us: -Driving the not so nice car so we can use the other -Helping me clean the house after your full day of work. -Always reading stories with the kids at night so I can work on other things -Giving up any and all spare time you have to be a wonderful husband and dad -Never thinking twice to change a poopy bum! -Being OK if we go to Wendy's for dinner, because I don't want to cook! - And spending time with us, even at your golfing expense- We love you daddy!

I also wanted to tell my dad that I admire him and all he's taught me. I remember if my dad could tell something was wrong he'd ask me "what's your biggest concern in life? What can we do it fix it?" That would always help me put everything in order in my mind and help me address what was most important. It was amazing he could recognize this in me even if I didn't know I was particularly upset. - Asking regularly, "has anyone told you they loved you today?" -Telling me when I was a teenager, "if your going to sneak out of the house at night will you leave me a note so I know where you are?" -Flirting with my friends- crazy dad! -Teaching me how to be independent. -Always taking care of me; warming my car on cold winter mornings, carrying anything that needs carried, (even now he carries the kids or diaper bags), opening doors, ect. -Being truly Christian; doing good to others, helping those in need, being kind and sincere in concern, and always being willing to comfort. -He taught me to follow my heart. -Thanks for being such an amazing dad! I hope that I'm able to magnify these values you've taught me-

5 comments:
Okay so I was laughing and getting teary eyed at the same time! That was such a sweet tribute to the main men in your life! Yay for great daddys! And they are lucky to have you too! :)
Your invite to Karlie's wedding got returned to me with an incorrect address. Check your email or call me 361-6794
Brian-one of the greatest joys in my life right now is watching you be such a tremendous dad to Asher and Evie. Kandise-thanks for sharing such great memories.
Your family is sooo cute!!! I have no idea how I stumbled upon your blog but I am glad I did. YEA!!! We need to catch up! we have a blog too www.smartsie.blogspot.com
Amy (Smart) Ernstrom
Thanks for the comment. I was so excited to hear from you. You have such a cute family! Wow it's been so long. I think the last time was your wedding. Let's keep in touch. Hbergsjo.blogspot.com.
Post a Comment