
She's here! Our little girl is a few weeks early, but we are so excited to have her home! On Sunday I charged the camcorder, made sure the camera had batteries, charged my ipod and started packing my overnight bag at about midnight. Even though I wasn't due for a 2 1/2 weeks I could tell my body was getting ready and she would come before her due date. Fifteen minutes later my water broke! With Asher and Evie my water broke after I was in the hospital in labor so I wasn't sure what to do since I wasn't having contractions. We didn't want to wait too long because my labors are so fast, but because I was going unmedicated I didn't want to go in too early. So we waited a few more minutes and sure enough the contractions began and we decided to get going. It was a perfectly calm hypno-birth, (I'm sold on this approach so if you want encouragement I'm the one to talk to!) Anyway, Brian did not pass out this time, and was as humorous as ever, even asking after one of my contractions, if my "happy place" involved a midget on a trike! What a nerd. Norah came 3 hours after we left for the hospital and the doctor was able to get his gloves on just in time to catch. Her blood sugar was low, because of my gestational diabetes so they had to take her and give her an IV. She was in the special care nursery for the first 24 hours but then she was back to us and it was great. I've always taken healthy babies for granted, but after having her hooked up to an IV and the threat of having to go home without her unless her blood sugar came up I realized what a great blessing it is to have such perfectly healthy babies.
Anyway she was 5 pounds 13 ounces and 18 inches long- just a little peanut. She brought Asher a helicopter with guns and so he was so excited to meet his sister and insisted his Nana buy his sister a doll since she brought him a gift. He's pretty much indifferent to her, which is a huge improvement since his last sister was born. Evie on the other hand can't get enough of baby Norah. She's always wanting to hold and share her dolls. Evie is missing the attention though.
We had a hard time deciding on a name. It came down to Norah or Paige and when we had decided on Norah we told Asher and he started chanting "Paige, Paige, Paige..." then Evie joined in. It's hard not to be a little persuaded by such determined kids, but we decided Norah was the better fit. Asher later informed us that "nobody cares about me! Nobody listens to what name I like."
Norah is beautiful and such a good baby. I miss sleeping through the night, but the trade off is well worth it!
Saturday, October 3, 2009
NORAH EMILY IS HERE!
Posted by Forsberg's at 4:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







13 comments:
We are so happy for you all. Norah is beautiful, and the name will grow on Asher. We send our love!
Congratulations! I'm glad the birth went well and that her blood sugar returned to normal quickly.
Yeah, so glad to see her here and healthy:) Your family is so cute and I love that she brought gifts to the kids;) I bet asher loves it as well, lol.
Oh I love her already! She is sooo sweet. I just wanna snuggle her. Glad everything went well and she's home, healthy and happy with her family.
congrats !!! Norah is pretty close to mom's ( grandma buttars ) middle name. did you know that? mom's name is Janice Norene Hess Buttars.
Really glad that everyone is doing good. She is a tiny girl, but girls are very strong willed.
take care
love you guys
your favorite aunt Nae :)
She is beautiful! I'm glad everything went well. You look great too!
Lynnell
She is so beautiful and looks so much like Asher. It's amazing that going from 2 to 3 kids make you look like a big family suddenly. I love the picture of all of you. I can't wait to come hold her tomorrow!
She is beautiful just like you and your other kids. Congratulations, and I am glad everything ended up alright!
She is so beautiful, glad everything went well and that her blood sugar came up, very scary to not know when they can come home, or if you might have to leave them. congratulations
She is so cute!! 3 hours?! You lucky lady! Congrats!
Congratulations! I am so in favor of natural child births, There the best! Let me know if you want some pictures of that cutie!!:)
YEA congrats! glad everything went so well for you!
Congratulations. She is so beautiful with all that dark hair...and I like her middle name.
Post a Comment