I have serious issues with waste. There are no outlines for the way my thoughts work. I can throw out the rest of my dinner, and the food that's gone bad, but I'll keep the hand mixer that only has one beater, or the shoe that has lost it's mate.
I can't handle when things are still working and are just a little dinged up or need a little tinkering, and are thrown away. In the garbage. For permanent! I just am certain someone could use that! I know it may be misconstrued as a pack-rat but I bet I can make it better. I hung on to our kitchen table that Brian HATED for years, because it was a good table still and if we took it to the DI somebody would buy it that didn't really appreciate that it was solid wood and just a real sturdy table. I found a chair in a house scheduled for demo and pulled the rusty thing out determined I'd get all the rust off and paint it and make it beautiful again. After a year Brian threw it out, because he knows me well enough to know I have great intentions but often lack the carry-through. So if he threw it out he knew that I would be upset, but I would never be able to throw it out myself. Then a little while ago they did the neighborhood clean-up where you put all your junk and garbage on the curb and the city takes it away to the dump. Well my neighbor across the street had set out a wicker chair. It was a little wobbly. I decided not to take on another project, (Brian would be so proud of me), but as the dump truck pulled up and the worker sat on the same wobbly chair to take a pretend rest I started crying because it was obviously strong enough to hold his weight and then it was in the dump truck and crushed. No one would ever be able to use that chair again! It was so sad to me. I feel like I was raised during the depression refusing to throw anything away because you never know when you'll need it.
I've since been with Brian a few times to the dump for the yard waste, etc. I found a sturdy crate on the side of the huge trash mountain that I wanted to take home, but Brian REFUSED to stop! But it wasn't garbage, it was in perfect condition! So so sad.
So that's all, I just thought I'd share one of my many issues...
Monday, December 6, 2010
Issues...
Posted by Forsberg's at 12:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment