I know I've been blogging about Asher a lot, but he is doing the funniest things lately! He has a few favorite things to pretend. He wants to be a mailman. He has this certain bag he carries around delivering mail. One day it was quiet so I started looking for Asher. He was down the street delivering mail!
Next, he loves to be a pirate. We got him pirate accessories for Halloween and he couldn't wait to open it. He now wears his pirate hat, eye patch, earring, and hook all the time. The best is he's sometimes a pirate doggy! Anyway sometimes he only wears part of his costume. That's when this picture was taken. Remember when this was cool? Earrings and a backward hat.
One day he was in full Pirate attire and was in the driveway singing "yo ho, a pirates life for me". The neighbor came out to talk to the pirate and asked if he was Jack Sparrow. Asher replied, "no I'm Johnny Cash!"
Which brings us to the next phase. Because he loves to "jam out", Brian thought that Johnny Cash would be perfect jamming music, so we turned it on for him. He sat and listened to the entire album 3 times! So of course he can sing a few songs with no help. Brian's brother, Uncle Rico, (Brian thought it would be a fun nick name and it has stuck!) Anyway, Tyler asked if he knew Johnny Cash and Asher said, "Don't take your guns to town Bill, leave your guns at home." This is a line from one of his songs, I wouldn't have known that if it wasn't regularly playing at our house. He can really belt out Ring of Fire.
Asher's favorite place to jam out is in the car. The only music we can listen to in the car is Jack Johnson, so I'm quite in love with it- sarcasm-. Anyway Asher keeps a pink ukulele in the car so he can jam out every time we're in the car.
This pretty much sums up Asher's imagination right now. I'll keep you posted.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Asher...
Posted by Forsberg's at 4:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







11 comments:
That's hilarious!!! What a funny and imaginative little boy you have:) It's crazy what kids can pick up in such a short time period.
you should have evie be tinkerbelle and make brian wear tights and be peter pan. you can be wendy:)
That is awesome! I can only hope our forthcoming little one will appreciate the classics like Johnny Cash, etc!
He is at such a fun age. I almost miss my kids at 3 :-). Asher is a fun boy who takes after his dad!
Hey guys i check your blog all the time. You have such cute kids!!. I enjoy rreading what the kids are doing. By the way this is Brian's favorite aunt Janae from Winnemucca NV !!. tell him i said hi. you guys take care. I also check Tawny's to.
What a funny kid. I love the mailman story, but were you freaked out? I think I would be. So, I guess Asher will be a rockstar someday, huh?
It was AWESOME to see how funny he is and how independent he has become. I love the Johnny Cash (although not as much as Gma B) and I hope his imagination only gets better and never leaves him.
Wow, what an imagination. They sure are fun when they are little. Give him and Evie love from us.
That is so cute. Andrew has a big imagination as well. It is really funny what they come up with, sometimes you wonder where they come up with these things. I love this age.
You have been tagged. Look at my blog for details.
hey, haven't heard from you guys in a while. Hope all is well. Maybe we can get together sometime.
Thanks:) Now that i'm starting to feel a little better, it's good, but a month ago, not so good.
How was your thanksgiving?
Post a Comment